1. Colorado State Law and Colorado Parks & Wildlife regulations both define a
Sanctuary as "[A] place of refuge…
for abused, neglected, unwanted, impounded,
abandoned, orphaned, or displaced
wildlife for their lifetime."
2. There is no earthly reason why the CO Parks & Wildlife should care if the
Sanctuary rescues a wild caught bear versus a captive born bear (or any
other wildlife for that matter).
3. California Fish & Game are expected to say Meatball will not be
coming to Colorado anymore - as that makes perfect sense given the
Colorado regulation remains in place. This is why the regulation needs
to be repealed.
4. The Attorney General's Office and the Executive Director of
The Wild Animal Sanctuary attended the recent Colorado Parks
and Wildlife Commission and presented them with this issue - but
they chose not to do anything about it. They are the ones who should
have investigated the regulation and reviewed its purpose. They chose not to.
5. No other Licenses issued by the CO Parks & Wildlife (like Commercial Parks
Licenses or Zoological Licenses) have regulations forbidding them from
taking in wild animals - so why are Sanctuaries being persecuted?
6. Meatball deserves to live in the best place possible - and The Wild Animal
Sanctuary is the only Sanctuary in the country that has large 20-acre natural
habitats for bears to live and roam freely in.
7. Let them know you value the life of these animals and this regulation
only serves to kill more bears.